10. I realize that “babyproof” is an illusion.
9. My chores take at least three times longer because my son likes to help, and I like it when he does.
8. I have learned a new language that only other parents can understand – Toddlerese.
7. Keeping a straight face while disciplining my child gets harder and harder. Especially when he looks up at me and says, “Yesh Mommy? What? Mommy me love you.”
6. Otay and yesh are completely normal.
5. I talk about the potty, poop and pee on a daily basis. With my son, my husband and other parents.
4. Tickle fights are the best way to wake up.
3. I have more time to complete projects, but I also have a keen ear for silence – aka a toddler’s worst noise.
2. Uhoh has a whole new meaning.
And the number one thing that has changed since I became a toddler’s mother…
1. Receiving a spontaneous hug and kiss from my child makes me out-of-this-world happy.
What are your top things?
You might also be interested in my previous posts:
- 10 Things That Have Changed Since I Became A Mother
- 5 Things No One Told Me About Parenting
- Top 5 Pregnancy Helpers
Latest posts by Joanna (see all)
- Take Your Computer to the Next Level: Set Up Virtual Machines - July 25, 2016
- Mother’s Musings: What I Want for My Sons - June 14, 2016
- 14 Necessities to Prep Your Summer Car Emergency Kit - May 4, 2016