Our first child was very anxious to come into the world. Ultimately, he ended up being born on his due date, but that was after preterm labor was stopped a couple of times…
Sunday is my due date
I can hardly believe that the time is almost here. Part of me really thought that the baby would be here early. Ok, most of me thought that. But in 4 short days my official due date will be here. It’s amazing to me what has changed during the time that we found out about the baby and now.
It’s been a wild year
- My husband’s uncle passed away at the same time that I had both pneumonia and bronchitis. Since I was sick, he went over to the funeral without my son and I. In October we’ll be going back over to Illinois for a memorial ride for him.
- I was given a layoff notice for my job. My last date was supposed to be the day before Christmas Eve.
- My job was extended month-to-month. For several months. Sometimes the extension didn’t happen until a day or two before the last day was supposed to be. A couple of times it came a week or so before, but not often.
- My husband switched from second shift to first shift – and we were able to have family time again!
- I started having flareups from my gallbaldder. It will probably have to be removed after the baby is here.
Through all of that, this little baby has been growing. Slowly but surely the baby has been getting bigger and bigger. I’ve watched my baby roll around and kick and punch my belly from the inside. Last week at our appointment the baby was head down and engaged in my pelvis. And last night, the baby moved even lower. I’ve been having contractions off and on for a week and a half. And now…
I just want this baby to be here!
I am incredibly impatient, and so is my husband, and I have had everything ready for this little one for weeks. I also want to be able to get into a regular routine soon. It would be really nice, you know? Oh and there’s one more detail –
I want to know if I have a son or a daughter!
Latest posts by Joanna (see all)
- Take Your Computer to the Next Level: Set Up Virtual Machines - July 25, 2016
- Mother’s Musings: What I Want for My Sons - June 14, 2016
- 14 Necessities to Prep Your Summer Car Emergency Kit - May 4, 2016