The 3 Best Couch 2 5k Podcast Sites
If you knew me in high school or before, then you would know how much I very much detested running in all its forms. Yet now, you may have noticed on Facebook or Twitter than I’m crunching out the Couch 2 5k program. Weird, right? Totally unlike me? You’re right – it is totally unlike me, but it’s totally what I need. I have come to embrace the art of the run, even though I’m in pre-baby steps of it now. The feeling that I get when I smash out a wog (walk/jog) on Couch 2 5k is amazing. I wish everyone could feel it. And it’s totally getting my body ready to shed pounds. Because I’m a skinny girl working her way out of a fat girl’s body.
I’ve tried to start the running program before, but I never really had much success. The first time was after my first son was born. I didn’t have a treadmill, so I was running outside trying to keep the time intervals on my watch. It did not work out so well. I tried another time at the gym on a treadmill with a playlist/podcast, but I was horrified to discover that it was this electronic/disco-type music. So not my style. It was a little too much to add in a whole music genre I didn’t really care for in addition to the physical activity that was not my bag. So I dropped it both times.
This time I’m not only sticking with it, I’m totally kicking its butt. Like really. The Mamavation trainer cleared me to do 2 rounds of the 30 minute(ish) program each time I do it. So I’ve been knocking out way more miles than I ever thought possible. It’s awesome. But I would like to share with you the secret to my success. It’s not that I suddenly found a magic “I Want to Run” pill or anything. Nope, what I found is so much simpler and more awesome than that.
I found podcasts.
I know, you’re like, what?! It’s totally the teens up in here, we’re way out of the 90′s, right? WELL, let me assure you that I first I was skeptical also. But the deal with the podcasts is that they are awesome music playlists WITH the vocal cues to tell you when to run, when to walk, and when to take a breath because it’s almost over. The difference between these and the one I started and failed before is that I actually like the music. Having music that you like goes a LONG way to getting your booty moving!
Here are my 3 favorite sites for Couch 2 5k Podcasts:
- Suz’s Couch 2 5k – this is the first site that I found with music that I liked AND the vocal cues. Not only does she have several different options for some of the weeks, she also has a 5k to 10k bridge program that I just know I will be using in the future.
- Running into Shape – I love the tagline on this site. So adorable. Also, she has the choices of Hip Hop or Rock – what could be better?
- Go Nicole Yourself – I just happen to love the songs that she uses! This is a great one too.
So those are my favorites! Did I miss any good ones? What do you listen to when you run?
Latest posts by Joanna (see all)
- My New Elevator Pitch – #31DBBBDay1 - August 1, 2014
- August 2014 31 Days to Build a Better Blog Group #31DBB - July 29, 2014
- Prepare Dry Beans in Advance by Pressure Canning - June 6, 2014